Ludomade is looking for a Director of Technology with a passion for steering the ship while working on fun, results-driven projects with awesome clients. Our studio and culture is geared towards producing great work. We are made up of lean, focused teams of talented artists, designers, game and web developers.
The Director of Technology is the champion of development and technology for the studio. This role requires broad technical knowledge and expertise of web technology, mobile technology and game development, and is responsible for hitting studio level benchmarks. This applicant ensures that Ludomade has the bandwidth and development resources to make great work, and keep our technology ahead of trends. This requires a mix of creativity and logic.
You will have the opportunity to work on high-profile projects for a roster of clients as well as original mobile games IP. Our projects consist broadly of websites, games (both HTML5 and Unity), and apps. However, we are always exploring and using new and innovative technologies to push the trends forward with our work. Significant experience in game development, including rapid-prototyping and agile development is a must.
They should exemplify Ludomade’s positive values day-to-day, and uphold all work to high standard of quality. This position is full-time and is located in Los Angeles, CA.
Who We're Looking For:
- A technology wizard with an endless appetite for making excellent products that perform at industry-leading standards.
- A discerning eye for detail and quality, intent on making things better and ensuring they’re done right and on time.
- Applicants must have the ability to review and make informed technology decisions. They must be technically competent, excellent communicators, and be able to understand good code / best practices, and an understanding of UX.
- Lead and supervise our development team (Unity and front-end); design and implement development processes and practices.
- Lead and create studio-wide initiatives to drive the level of technology and development in the studio forward.
- Deep understanding of technologies, programming languages, technical infrastructure and ability to make and communicate informed technology decisions.
- Responsible for delivery of projects on-time and to a high quality standard.
- Work closely with production and creative leads to communicate and inform on technology issues and involved in shaping new projects during scoping and pitch phase and estimating of new projects.
- Maintain, develop and enforce development processes.
- Initiate, propose and develop work that contributes toward larger department and company-wide goals.
- Drive technical R&D initiatives. Lead development and maintenance of internal tools, frameworks and code libraries.
- Explore new technologies and present new discoveries and ideas to the broader team.
- Maintain positive morale among the team, and solve issues/roadblocks that endanger product quality or delivery and deal with issues discretely.
- Develop recruiting plan for hiring developers.
- Passionate about and experienced with technologies pertaining to consumer entertainment and gaming.
- 10+ years of software development including experience building consumer applications.
- 5+ years experience in mobile technology.
- 5+ years experience in gaming or consumer media applications development.
- 5+ years managing developers
- Comfortable diving into coding and/or debugging, solving technical issues.
- Experience building and deploying iOS and Android applications and knowledge of game design.
- Experience publishing iOS/Android games/apps in the app stores.
- Proven ability to lead internal teams with excellent management, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in, deliver results and iterate quickly.
- Must be highly self-motivated and collaborative with the ability to work on multiple initiatives.
- Must have a high degree of flexibility and can-do attitude.
- Proven knowledge in unity and mobile gaming trends.
- A love of games, entertainment, pop culture, and a solid sense of humor!